RECIPE: Gluten-free “Oopsie Pizza.”
When the Huzz and I first went paleo, I stumbled across this great recipe for low-carb pizza. I have spent the past two years, working to perfect it. It is one of the strangest dishes I have ever made, BUT it is delicious. It really tastes like pizza! Since the recipe does include cheese this dish is not 100% primal.
- (6) eggs - separate the whites and the yolks
- 1/4 c cream cheese
- Pizza toppings: cheese, meat, VEG, herbs, spices…your call.
- Place your pizza tray in the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees
- Separate the eggs into two separate bowls (see FIG 1)
- Prepare your toppings (see FIG 2)
- Combine the yolks with the cream cheese, herbs/spices, and a small handful of cheese
- Blend the whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form in the bowl.
- Gently, fold the egg yolk mixture into the fluffy egg whites (see FIG 3)
- Remove the heated pizza tray from your oven and thorough grease it with butter/fat
- Immediately pour the combined egg mixture onto the pan and spread it out as even as possible
- Return the pizza tray to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden (see FIG 4)
- Remove the golden crust from the oven and apply your toppings: pizza sauce, then whatever else you like
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes
- Remove and cool for 5-10 minutes (see FIG 5)
- Slice and enjoy!
Try it…it is weird and AWESOME!