Recipe: All-natural, good-for-you, popsicles! (LOADED with antioxidants and NO added sugar.)
Makes 6 to 8 pops
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh fruit chunks
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup liquid (juice or water)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the fresh fruit chunks and your liquid of choice.*
- Blend until smooth, or pulse until slightly chunky.
- Spoon into pop molds, leave about 1/4 inch at top of the mold, as the mixture expands.
- Insert sticks and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
*Use freshly squeezed juice like OJ for added sweetness and flavor, or nondairy milks for creamy mixes. Coconut water or plain water work, too.Very juicy fruits, like melons, have a high water content and may not need extra liquid to puree. If you start with frozen fruit, you may need to add up to 1/2 cup more liquid.